Youtube Thumbnail Not Showing Up
What is a YouTube Thumbnail?
YouTube thumbnail is the first impression of your video. It not only helps to upgrade the channel’s brand but also attracts spectators to your content.
YouTube thumbnails let spectators see a quick snapshot of your video.
If you often visit YouTube, you must have experienced certain minor issues.
Out of them one of the most common issues is YouTube thumbnails not showing.
In this scenario, you might be bothered because YouTube thumbnails can give the essence of the whole video. It can also induce someone to watch the video in which they might have an interest right after they look at it.
So if a YouTube thumbnail doesn’t appear then it can be a failure.
Why is YouTube Thumbnail not showing?
Before we get into the process of fixing the problem, it is necessary to know the cause of it.
If a YouTube thumbnail doesn’t appear, all you can see is a dreary grey square. In this scenario, the problem can be caused due to a variety of factors like a bug, add-on, extensions, cache, and cookies, etc.
It can also happen because of the settings of your device. Moreover, it can also happen due to old software or app version, poor connection, or even due to browser.
So the procedure to fix this issue depends upon the cause.
How to fix the problem?
1. Check the speed of your Internet
The most common problem due to which YouTube thumbnail doesn’t appear is due to a poor Internet connection.
For this problem, do the following:-
- First, connect your device to a router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Open your browser and type speedtest.net
- After the page appears, tap on “Go”.
- If your connection appears too slow or unstable, then connect your device to a faster network.
2. Clear the cache of your Internet Browser
The second common problem due to which YouTube thumbnail doesn’t appear is cache and cookies in your browser. For solving this problem, you need to clear the cache and cookies.
Following are the steps you can follow:-
- If your Internet browser is Chrome then, go to “Settings” (three dots that appear at the right corner).
- Go to “More tools” and then tap on “Clear Browsing Data”.
- “Clear browsing data” window will appear, tap on “Clear Data
3. Install Virtual Private Network
The problem can occur because of Domain Name System (DNS) server error or if your country doesn’t have ingress rights to YouTube.
To solve this problem, install a free Virtual Private Network or premium version from Google Play Store. In this case, YouTube thumbnails will only appear till the time you will use a new or premium Virtual Private Network.
4. Delete YouTube Watch History
Not only the cache in your Internet browser but also the cache in the YouTube app needs to clear. So that your device has enough space to function properly.
Following are the steps to clear the cache from the YouTube app:-
- Open YouTube on your device.
- Go to the account icon which appears at the right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings”
- Tap on “History & Privacy”. When the pop-up appears, tap on “Clear watch history”.
5. Force stop YouTube App
If all the above methods don’t work out, then force stop YouTube on your device. The intention behind doing this is to refresh the app.
Following are the steps to force stop YouTube:-
- Go to “Settings” on your device.
- Search for “Application Manager” and select it.
- Scroll down and find “YouTube” then tap.
- Now click “Force Stop”
- Open YouTube and check whether YouTube thumbnails appear or not.
6. Look for Conflicting Extension
Sometimes, conflicting extensions lead to the disappearance of YouTube thumbnails. To get rid of this problem you can use incognito mode instead of your regular mode.
Following are the steps you need to follow for the same:-
- Switch from regular mode to incognito by tapping on “Setting” on your browser.
- Choose “New incognito window”.
- If there’s a conflicting extension, it’ll appear on the window.
- Right-click the extension and click on “Remove from Chrome”.
- Open YouTube from that incognito window and check whether YouTube thumbnails appear or not.
Apple is making New AirPods easier to hear, smoothly and also to find if you lost it, FIND IT VERY EASILY
7. Restart your device
This is most probably the easiest one. All you need to do is press and hold the power button. This will lead to switching off the device. Turn it on doing the same way.
Restarting the device can be an easy solution to get rid of minor issues.
1. How to use YouTube thumbnail?
- Open YouTube, click on “Menu”
- Then tap on “Video”
- Tap on the video you want to edit the thumbnail for
- Tap Edit
- Tap Edit thumbnail
- Choose your thumbnail
- Confirm your thumbnail selection and press Select.
- Tap Save
2. Are YouTube thumbnails important?
Ans. YouTube thumbnail is basically the first impression of your video to the viewer. Therefore, it is very important to make your thumbnail as creative and engaging as possible. YouTube is basically a visual platform where people watch a variety of videos. People usually look at the thumbnails even before reading the title as it gives them an idea of what is the video all about.
3. What is the ideal size of the YouTube thumbnail?
Ans. The ideal YouTube thumbnail dimensions are 1280 x 720 pixels. Also, the thumbnail should have Minimum width: 640 pixels. Maximum file size: 2MB.
4. Which app do YouTubers use to make thumbnails?
Ans. YouTubers use the following apps to make thumbnails:-
- Adobe Spark
5. Why are thumbnails blurry?
- Video quality is poor
- The image is not in high resolution
- Tough-to-work font
- User glitch
6. How to create the best video thumbnails?
Ans. Following are the ways to create the best YouTube thumbnails:-
- Use the best font style in memorable colors and designs
- Use relevant pictures and videos
- Be consistent
- Analyze your competitor
- Use bright background
- Create a design that is perfect for even small screens
- Optimize for different sizes
- Use best thumbnail makers like Canva, Adobe Spark, etc.
- Be creative
- Have a perfect YouTube thumbnail size
For more details and updates visit The Market Activity.