Andy Cohen is the first publicly gay American television and radio talk show host, writer, and producer. Andy is the executive producer and talk show host of Bravo’s late-night show, Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen. Cohen also hosts a two-hour live talk show two times a week with John Hill. Andy Cohen was also the executive producer on Emmy and James Beard Award. He has a pop-culture channel called Radio Andy on Sirius XM. He was executive vice president of Talent and Development until 2013 at Bravo. Also, he hosted the television dating show named Love Connection.
Early Life Of Andy Cohen
Cohen was born on June 2 in 1968 in St. Louis, US. Andy was born to Evelyn and Lou Cohen. He has a sister called Emily Rosenfeld. He was a graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in broadcast journalism from Boston University. Andy wrote in a student newspaper named The Daily Free Press for Boston University. He then interned at CBS News beside Julie Chen.
About His Career
Andy started his career as a trainee in TV at CBS News. He served for 10 years, as a producer of The Early Show, 48hours, and for CBS This Morning.
Then, he worked for the television channel Trio in the year 2000 and then became the Vice President at Bravo in the year 2004, when the channel purchased Trio.
Andy has also made his celebrity appearances on various other talk shows, he portrayed himself, like The Comeback and Saturday Night Live. He hosted Today Show and Morning Joe and coo-hosted Life! with Kelly and The View.
He then in 2009, began shooting a midnight television talk show named Watch What Happens Live. This talk show was then promoted to a weeknight show series.
Andy Cohen is presently is working with Bravo, hosting Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen.
His autobiography Most Talkative was released in 2012 May and became a best seller in New York Times in many fields such as paperback, combined nonfiction and hardcover, etc.
He also hosted many beauty pageants such as Miss USA 2013, Miss Universe 2011, Miss USA 2011, Miss USA 2012, and Miss Universe 2012. In August 2013 he was given the chance to co-host the Miss Universe pageant in Russia but he refused to do it as the country adopted anti-gay laws.
He played Zeus in Lady Gaga’s MV FOR ‘G.U.Y’ in March 2014.
In 2014, Andy published his second autobiography memoir, The Andy Cohen Diaries: A Deep Look at a Shallow Year. This to become a best seller at Times in the categories like E-Book Nonfiction.
Andy Cohen anchors broadcasts for his own radio station called Town Halls. This network also has shows hosted by the anchors like Bevy Smith, Jim Parsons, Dan Rather, John Hill, Amy Phillips, etc.
The network also produces broadcasts like Radio Andy Theater, AC2 Live: Anderson on the Road, Love Connection Diaries, and Real Housewives.
Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen decided that they both would go on a tour to showcase their show AC2 Live in March 2015. The first time the idea for this show came when Anderson interviewed Andy about his new book named The Andy Cohen Diaries in New York at 92nd street. They have toured about 50 cities since then.
Andy also hosted Hollywood Game Night, a non-live version, and also co-hosted New Year’s Eve with Carson Dally on December 31 in 2015.
Also, Andy’s third autobiography Superficial: More Adventures From the Andy Cohen Diaries came out in November 2016. It also became a best seller at Times.
He was cast as himself on the show named Riverdale in 2018. He also co-hosted CNN’s New Year’s Eve along with Anderson Cooper.
Who is Elly Mcconnell? Is she famous because of her Father? | Bio, age, and a lot more, here in this 1 article
Andy Cohen is the first American late-night talk show host who is publicly gay. He declared in 2018 that with the help of surrogacy he would become a father in the year 2019. His son named Benjamin Allen Cohen was born on 4 February 2019.
Cohen is a big fan of the St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis Blues.
- 2004, Peabody Award, 2004, as executive producer of the Trio documentary The N-Word.
- 2007, Multichannel News‘ “40 Under 40” broadcasting executives.
- 2007, Peabody Award, as executive producer of the Bravo reality-TV competition Project Runway.
- 2010, appeared on the TV Guide “Power List” of talked-about individuals.
- 2010, Emmy Award for Outstanding Competitive Reality Series as executive producer of Top Chef
- 2012, GQ‘s “25 Best Dressed Men of the Year”
- 2012, chosen as one of Broadcasting & Cable‘s “Digital All-Stars”.
- 2012 to 2016, listed in Out magazine’s list of Most Powerful Gay People.
- 2019, received the Vito Russo Award at the 30th GLAAD Media Awards.
- He is the first openly gay talk, the show host.
- He and Jessica Parker are best friends.
- He is a Rifleman and is NRA Certified.
- He and Julie Chen interned together.
- His favorite sport is Hockey.
- He loves his son unconditionally.
- He and Anderson Cooper went on a blind date together.
- He turned Lady Gaga’s urine into perfume.
- He used to be a Go-Go dancer with the B-52s.
- He got his start on CBS.
- He is one of the best-selling authors.
- He produces multiple Bravo Shows.
- He created his own Radio Channel.
- He specializes in Real Estate.
- He loves fast food.
- He loves the Real Housewives of New York a lot.
1. How old is Andy Cohen?
Ans. He was born on 2 June 1968 and is 53 years old.
2. Where is Andy Cohen from?
Ans. Andy Cohen is from St. Louis, Missouri, United States.
3. How tall is Andy Cohen?
Ans. He is 1.75 m tall.
4. Which college did Andy Cohen went to?
Ans. He went to Boston University.
5. Who is Andy Cohen’s Father?
Ans. Lou Cohen
6. Who is Andy Cohen’s Mother?
Ans. Evelyn Cohen
For More updates follow Andy Cohen on-
For more updates and details visit The Market Activity.