Wonder Women 1984 is an upcoming American superhero film. It is based on the DC comics character wonder woman. It is the sequel to the 2017’s wonder woman and the ninth instalment. Patty Jenkins is the director of the film. Geoff Johns and David Callaham work in the script.
The story of the film belongs to Johns and Jenkins. The film has a huge fan following even before the release of the film. It had a great expectation since the day it was announced. The marvel fans are eagerly waiting to know what is there in the store for them.
Keep reading to know more!!
“Wonder Women 1984”: Release date
The filming process of the film was done long back. The initial shoot of the film starts in June 2017. The team has done with principal photography in June 2018.
Wonder Women was initially planned to release in May 2020. The film was postponed due to the present coronavirus pandemic as the theatres are closed across the globe.
It is now set to release in October 2020. The fans are eager for the release of the film with lots of expectations. However, it can also be delayed again and postponed to late 2021.
The film will be about to release only when the pandemic is over all over the world. We can also online platforms like Netflix, Amazon, and MX player to pick up the film to stream.
We will have to wait for other updates from the makers.
“Wonder Women 1984”: Cast
The movie is expected by many for the cast of the movie. Gal Gadot plays the lead role as the Wonder Women, along with few supporting roles.
The cast members of Wonder Women are
- Gal Gadot plays Diana Prince or Wonder Women: An immortal demigoddess, Amazon princess, and warrior.
- Chris Pine plays Steve Trevor: An American pilot.
- Kristen Wiig plays Barbara Ann Minvera/ Cheetah: An Archeologist who befriends Diana before becoming imbued with a cheetah-like appearance and abilities leading her into a conflict against Diana.
- Pedro Pascal plays Maxwell Lord: A media businessman and entrepreneur who is famous for TVinfomercials.
- Robin Wright plays Antiope: Hippolyta’s deceased sister, general of the Amazon army and Diana’s aunt.
- Connie Nielsen plays Hippolyta: The queen of Themyscira and Diana’s mother.
“Wonder Women 1984”: Plot
The film completely set during the 1984 cold war period, when Diana comes into conflict with two formidable foes—media businessman Maxwell Lord and friend who turned into an enemy Barbara Minvera/ Cheetah while reuniting with her love interest Steve Trevor.
When asked about the storyline to the lead role. “It’s not a sequel, it’s its own story,” Gadot said at last year’s San Diego Comic-Con panel. “Its own chapter, a whole new movie. The bar is very high, but our aspirations are even higher. so we give it everything that we have and hoping what we bring you guys will love.”
The Wonder Women film team has shared a cute video clip of the upcoming film on their Instagram wall.
We’ll have to wait for the release of the film to know more about the storyline.
“Wonder Women 1984”: Trailer
Here is the official trailer of “Wonder Women 1984”. Enjoy watching it!
Stay tuned for more updates!!