After a long and winding road, one man who looks to become the next middleweight title contender steps back into the ring on Saturday night.
On Saturday, Munguia will be finally taking on a worthy opponent in Szeremeta. In the past few years of his career, Munguia has been fighting mostly opponents who are considered to have less skill and talent than he does. But this time is different as Szeremeta’s resume includes wins against four former WBO champions: Kiko Martinez (Spain), Robin Reid (Britain) twice—once by knockout–and Howard Eastman three times with one win being an impressive first-round knockout victory over world champion Felix Sturm last year.
Kovalev enters the Main Event undefeated in all 36 pro bouts, 29 of which came by way of knockout. He has not fought since October but is a unanimous favorite according to many analysts as his opponent seems to be punching above their weight class with a 21-1 record and 5 knockouts coming off a loss at IBF 160lb champion Gennadiy Golovkin’s hands.
MUNGUIA VS. SZEREMETA
WHEN: Saturday, June 19
TIME: 3:30 p.m. ET (main event approx. 6 p.m. ET)
WHERE: Don Haskins Center (El Paso, Texas)
- Jaime Munguia vs. Kamil Szeremeta; Middleweight
- Bektemir Melikuziev vs. Gabriel Rosado; Super Middleweight
- Ibeth Zamora vs. Marlen Esparza for Zamora’s WBC women’s flyweight title
- Blair Cobbs vs. Brad Soloman; Welterweight
- Raul Curiel vs. Ferdinand Keroyban; Welterweight
- Alexis Rocha vs. James Bacon; Welterweight
- Manuel Flores vs. Daniel Lozano; Junior Featherweight
- Tristan Kalkreuth vs. Demetrius Banks; Cruiserweight
- Gregory Morales vs. TBA; Junior Featherweight
for more details and updates visit The Market Activity.