Source – Tech Raver
Before discussing whether “is rainmeter safe”, let us take a tour to know some basic kinds of stuff about rainmeter.
What is Rainmeter?
Rainmeter is a software application that has the ability to detect the system in Windows on the desktop. Its characteristic features include displaying the memory usage of the computer, CPU, display of network weather, playlists, the available disk capacity, pictures, and a lot more.
Key Features of Rainmeter
- Rainmeter application has a lot of optional skins too
- Rainmeter paves a way for our creativity and new ideas by providing us a platform to work with a complete pack of TOOLKIT.
- Rainmeter has the ability to track your activities and will keep a complete record of your notes in a neat and tidy arrangement.
- After the installation of Rainmeter in your system, it not only keep a record of your notes, it will also run your favorite applications and can control all media players in ONE interface.
- It gives a FUTURISTIC look for the computer
- It enhances the appearance of the themes of the computer.
Source – Download Crew
Important details about RAINMETER
Rainmeter is open-source software. It is distributed under GNU GPL v2 license terms. One of the major disadvantages of Rainmeter is that it is not supported by OS such as MAC and LINUX.
Now, let’s move on to the important question, ” Is Rainmeter safe? “
Here, I have tried to answer the most searched question, “Is Rainmeter safe ?”.and Is Rainmeter Safe then how to work?
For security reasons, Rainmeter has been tested with more than fifty antivirus software applications and as a positive result, there was not even one virus was detected by any of the antivirus software applications.
Still, you think of the same question, “Is Rainmeter safe? “, you have to try it once, no other better option.
If you have an idea to try it, do follow the below-given steps.
- Be sure of the website from where you download the Rainmeter application. It has to be a trustworthy website.
- Keep in mind that, the battery usage gets affected only if the number of skins downloaded from Rainmeter is more.
- Rarely, you have a chance of receiving some sort of false alert, telling that your computer is been hacked or your computer is affected by viruses as they might interfere with the Rainmeter addons.
- If you wish to be on the safer side always, check and do your system updates regularly. This can save your computer from a dozen of problems
- Above all these things, if your computer has the latest version of Windows 10 OS, then the performance of Rainmeter will not get affected by any sort of threats.
If you want to download Rainmeter for your system, pay a visit to this website. It is the official page of Rainmeter.
Source – Youtube
To know more about “is Rainmeter safe”, this article will be useful for you.
Performance of the computer after the installation of Rainmeter
Along with the famous question “is Rainmeter safe? “, people also doubt whether the performance of their computer gets affected after the installation of Rainmeter.
Technically, the answer to the above-mentioned question is a big no as we already know that, Rainmeter is an open source software which also lightweight, thus will not affect the performance of the computer.
Don’t be afraid of the question, “Is Rainmeter Safe ?”. Like many other things in the man-made world of technology, Rainmeter software too has some Exceptions. They are as follows :
The problems arise when you are not using the proper skin for your Rainmeter software.
Like, if one uses some kind of animated skin and does not optimize it properly, this action will have a severe impact on the Central Processing Unit of the computer. And also know that skins with higher refresh rates in Rainmeter software will try their level best to consume more of the system resources.
Try to keep a fewer number of skins in Rainmeter, as more number of skins in Rainmeter can drain the resources of your system like water. Thus, regularly check and try to keep fewer number skins in Rainmeter.
There are also Rainmeter skins with HD graphics. This sort of Rainmeter skin will also consume more of the system resources, but experts say that this will not affect the performance of a modern computer.
Source – Display Fusion
But, there are some skins provided by the Rainmeter which not only consume a lot of the system resources but will also have a great impact on the performance of the computer. Thus, make sure to check thoroughly the skins of Rainmeter before using them.
Now, I think you would have got the answer to the question, “Is Rainmeter safe ?”.
And there is a solution to overcome all these problems. If your system has an updated version of the latest OS, you can easily override all the above-mentioned problems and your system will be looking so futuristic and Rainmeter will be acting as a great platform for you to work and explore.
Frequently Asked Questions ‘Is Rainmeter Safe’?
1. Does Rainmeter use a lot of RAM?
Rainmeter will use about 35 MB of RAM and about 5% of your CPU, because of all the HD graphics and animations. Most rainmeter themes use a LOT less than that, and even that would use less if you turned off the animations.
2. Is Rainmeter Safe for skin?
They are completely safe as they are available on trusted websites to download after complete verification only. However, if your system’s configuration is low then you might face issues in running them. At that time it’s the issue of your system not in the skin.
3. Does Rainmeter slow down your computer?
It is totally unobtrusive and never slows the system down, even with the fair amount of animation from the meters. Rainmeter skins can be found on Rainmeter.net, the developer site where the compiled program and source code can be found, on DeviantArt, and Customize.org.
4. Is Rainmeter a Malware?
Important: Some malware camouflages itself as rainmeter.exe, particularly when located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder. Therefore, you should check the rainmeter.exe process on your PC to see if it is a threat. We recommend Security Task Manager for verifying your computer’s security.
5. Is Rainmeter heavy on CPU ?
As mentioned above in the article, Rainmeter only uses 2% to 4% of your CPU, so Rainmeter is very light. If you installed Rainmeter but it feels heavy to use on your laptop and computer, it likely derived from too many skins that you downloaded. Thus, try to reduce the number of skins that you have loaded.
for more details and updates visit The Market Activity