Developed and published by Valve, Half-Life 2 is a first-person shooter game released in 2004.
The game is available on Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Mac OS X, Linux and Android.
This singleplayer video game is nearly 16 years now and still hasn’t lost little of its momentum. Indeed, this game has inspired countless developers and players to create their modifications and conversions with the help of open source development tools.
Thanks to the efforts of Modders that many gamers still play this game. New updates and mods are released regularly, and now more than a thousand mods are available for download.
We have compiled the best one for you!
How to install Half-Life 2 mods?
Half-life 2 is constant since the game launched. However, this is not with the case in coding. Most of the Mods that are below five years requires the source SDK base 2013 singleplayer package.
You can find this package under the “Tools” header in the steam library. After downloading, right-click on it and select ‘Properties’. Then, Pick ‘Upcoming’ from the drop-down in the betas tab. It will opt you to the latest build.
Locate the mods where you installed Steam on your PC – (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\by default). After that, navigate to steam \ Steam Apps \ source Mods. Unzip the mods here and make sure each of them has their directory.
Best Half-Life two mods
Here we present you the very best Half-Life 2 mods available nowadays.
- Get a Life: This prolonged and driving mod swings from horror to all-out action. The periodic cutscenes follow subway technician who has leukaemia however this mod’s unlucky hero Alex has to contend with the new limb damage system. It causes effects such as dizziness and limping, which depends on where the enemy hit him.
- Water: One of the most extraordinary half-life two mod, it changes from one person perspective to the third-person perspective. And most importantly, you transform into a mermaid. Most of the gameplay takes place in water which favours exploration, puzzle-solving, and adventure; however, you can crawl overland and control land-dwelling fish people.
- Nightmare House 2: This includes horror mod as a prologue where you get the chance to explore both the haunted house and spooky hospital. Here you are mainly offering jump-scare variety and is mostly focus on ‘Fear’. It also features its creepy ghost girl.
- Black Mesa: It is one of the most popular mods which recreates the original Half-life in the sequel shinier engine. This mod was in development for more than a year. It updates Valve’s game with fancier assets, reworked campaign, new voice acting, to name a few.
- Mission Improbable: This brand new outing for Gordan Freeman started as a single mission to repair a resistance listening post. But later on, it expanded into a series of three short campaigns. The campaigns are well made and feel more like the official expansion packs. The visuals are dramatic, and the maps are well formulated.
That’s the wrap for today. For further information, STAY TUNED with us!