When is Black Friday 2020?
Black Friday is on November 27 this year, falling as it always does on the fourth Friday of the month. The reason for the changing date is that it comes the day after the fourth Thursday of November, which is the Americal holiday Thanksgiving.
The sales can be just as irregular as the date too. While Black Friday itself is awash with deals, some discounts start days – or even a week or two – before. Given the many retailers able to offer gaming deals, it’s worth being aware of deals early – just in case of discounts do arrive ahead of the day.
Black Friday 2020 Gaming deals to look out for
The big stories of Black Friday this year could be the release of the PS5 and Xbox Series X. But it is unlikely they will be discounted.For console discounts, the main focus could be the Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite, which rarely see big price-drops.
The PS4 and Xbox One X could both see dramatic price-cuts with new-generation hardware arriving ‘Holiday 2020’ (Thanksgiving), which is prime Black Friday time. Undoubtedly there will be bundle deals across PS4, Xbox One X, and Switch consoles, and gaming discounts aplenty too.
But paying anything other than the full price for the new Sony and Microsoft consoles seems unlikely for now.
What Gaming deals were in the sale last year?
Last year there were plenty of Gaming Deals during the Black Friday sales. With plenty of retailers selling consoles and games, there was a lot to choose from. Console, PC, or even accessories, we’d expect this year to be even bigger.
- Xbox One S All-Digital Edition 1TB with Fortnite, Sea Of Thieves, Minecraft, £129
- Nintendo 2DS XL Pikachu Edition 4GB, £149
- Xbox One S 1TB + FIFA 20, Forza Horizon 3, Sea Of Thieves, Minecraft, £269
- Xbox One X 1TB +Forza Horizon 4 with Lego Speed Champions,
- PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB with Call of Duty Modern Warfare, £339
- ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DY, £549.99, saving £150
- ASUS Zephyrus GX531, £2,499, saving £500
Currys PC World
- Nintendo Switch + Pokemon Sword/Shield, £279
- Nintendo Switch Lite + Pokemon Sword/Shield, £219
- Nintendo Switch with Nintendo Labo, £279
- Nintendo Switch Lite, £189.99
- PS4 500GB + one Death Stranding or Marvel’s Spiderman, £249
- PS4 Pro + Death Stranding, £299
- Xbox One X with Forza Horizon 4, £299 –
- Red Dead Redemption 2, £27.99
Green Man Gaming
- Just Cause 4: Reloaded Edition, now £9.96, was £33.49, saving 70 percent
- Hitman 2 Gold Edition, now £15, was £74.99m saving 80 percent
- Borderlands 3, now £30.14, was £49.99, saving 40 percent
- Resident Evil 2, now £11.88, was £44.99, saving 74 percent
- Mortal 11 Kombat, now £21.25, was £49.99, saving 57 percent
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, now £32.49, was £49.99, saving 35 percent
- The Outer Worlds, now £33.74, was £49.99, saving 33 percent
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition, now £53.99, was £79.99, saving 33 percent
- Let’s Go! Skiing VR, now £2.29, was £8.99, saving 75 percent
- Shop all of Nintendo’s official Black Friday offers
- Save up to 40% off Games and Bundles
- Save up to 50% on Merchandise
- Nintendo Switch with a FREE Nintendo Labo Kit, £279.99
- Nintendo Switch Lite with FREE Nintendo Switch Online 12-month membership, £199.99
- Save up to £75 on gaming monitors
- Save up to £250 on a gaming laptop
- Save up to £250 on gaming PCs