Developed by Firaxis Games, Civilisation VI is a turn-based strategy 4X video game released on October 21, 2016. The game is available on platforms like Microsoft Windows, macOS, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Linux, Playstation 4, Xbox One, and Android.
And even after four years of release, the video game has two expansions, which are evidence that it is bigger and better.
And not just the expansions, the modders community are creating creative mods to make this game unique and enriching.
We have compiled the best and popular mods for you. Here you go!
To Install Civilisation VI mods.
Installing mods is simple and easy with the steam workshop support. You need to subscribe to the mod, and the steam will automatically download the mod.
However, if the mods aren’t available on Steam support, then you can install them by creating a folder “Mods” in your Civilisation VI user directory \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier’s Civilization VI.
Best Civilisation VI mods
Here we present to you the best mods for you. Take a look:
- Mappa Mundi: If you play a lot and have repeatedly seen the same geographic location again and again, then this mod is for you. Mappa Mundi adds over 15,000 new names of real-world rivers, mountains, deserts, and more. Also, it is compatible with the other popular mods as well.
- Real Era Tracker: This popular mod adds an objective list of ways to earn an era score. It also tells which moments are no longer available once another player claims them.
- Religion Expanded: With this mod, 43 new religious beliefs are added. Also, seven new, fully modeled religious buildings are added, and the cap for the number of religions increases from 7 to 16 (only on a vast map).
- Smoother Difficulty: If you are frustrated with AI official bumps, then this mod is for you. This mod removes most of AI’s extra starting units and instead dials up its reserve generation bonuses. Hence, the AI keeps pace with you throughout the game despite its technical ineptitude.
- Urban Complexity: This mod aims to do urban planning a more rewarding and thoughtful experience where you can pay due attention to the environment, available terrain, etc. Each of its mod adds an element to the city planning includes Roads, Power generation, freshwater, to name a few.
That’s all for today! For further updates, please sTAY CONNECTED with us.
If you found my article interesting, you can check my other article about Darkest Dungeon mods.