Created by Derek Yu, Spelunky is a 2D platform video game which released as freeware on Microsoft Windows on December 21, 2008. Other than Microsoft Windows, the game is available on other platforms like Playstation 4, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita.
If you play this video game, you may have realised the monotonous type and not much diverse enough. And the sad part is that even the game doesn’t have many mods. There are certain mods available, but they are merely a file replacement. They alter the graphics, text and music to a method theme; however, not change the gameplay.
We have piled up the few mods for you which will make the video game little more fun and unique:
To Install Spelunky mods.
Installing the mods isn’t a difficult step. Here is what you need to know:
- Locate the Spelunky Data folder.
- If you are a steam user, then go to Steam > Steamapps > Common > Spelunky > Data.
- Now, continue by making a copy original of the mods and packs. It is advisable to put these folders somewhere safe.
- Download the Spelunky mod installer. Run it.
- You will see a menu screen, and at the bottom of it, you will be able to see the link to download Python 3. Download and install Python 3.
- For the characters of the video game, there are .png files available. Download them!
- Now, take the .png file of the character of your choice. Create a folder “Repack” and drop the .png into it.
- After that, Zip up the repack folder.
- On the installer menu screen, browse the Spelunky folder along with the location of the repack.zip folder you made.
- Choose the mod and click on “Install mod.”
Mods available for the Spelunky game
Not much of the mods are available for the game, but we have the few mods that can make your gaming experience fun and enriching. Here you go!
- Classic Music Mod: With this mod, you can enjoy retro and superior music. Replace it with the original music folder.
- Classic Chaos Mod: Drop the file into the texture folders and replace the original.
- Pixel mod: It is same as Classic Chaos mod, copy the downloaded content and drop into texture folder.
- The characters of the game such as Damsel, Pug, Vlad and Mega Man are available in .png files.
That’s the wrap for today. For more updates, STAY TUNED with us!
Also, you can check my other article about Divinity: Original Sin II mods.